Thursday, August 24, 2006

Two Projects

One good

The River Rapids Socks are going quite well. I love what the Cherry Tree Hill is doing! The spiraling is really cool I hope it continues doing that! See for yourself:

River Rapids Socks


One bad

The Icarus Shawl is not going so well. I keep losing track of where I am in the pattern, and I never get farther than a few rows into the first chart. The damn charts are easy, I don't see why I can't do it! But here I am, completely incompetent at reading charts and figuring out where i am in the pattern. I'm typically really bad at fixing errors when they have something to do with yarn overs, so this is a pretty big problem project for me. I'm looking at starting all over, though I guess I could tink back. Problem with tinking back is that I'd have no idea whatsoever what line I'd be on by the time I finished tinking back. I guess this is telling me that I should start with life lines or something like that. I'll have to look up how to do those sometime soon.

Until then, here's the profile of the perp:

Icarus Shawl


I just realized that this photo is looking at the wrong side even though i stopped when I was knitting on the right side...the problem I'm having is with the left side in the picture. For some reason, I don't have enough stitches on the needle for the row that I'm on. Now that I'm thinking about it I guess there's a decent way to fudge it, but if I keep on fudging it, the whole things's going to look like crap (fudging it once leads to a slippery fudgy slope and a hideous looking finished object - at least for me). I guess I should start checking out the Icarus KAL that's out there...maybe someone there will have some insights.

Oh, and I think I'm going to try Sock Wars...I have yet to sign up though.

Thank you all for your generous comments on the Roundabout Leaf tank! I'm really happy with the way it turned out, and if all goes well, I'll really wear it to SNB this week. I got sidetracked by work friends (and my boss) and hijacked for dinner (free dinner - you see, I had to go!) on Tuesday.

1 comment:

MUDNYC said...

Whatever kinds of problems you're having with the actual knitting of these items, I really like the colors you chose for both!