I love the way this turned out! I wore it to lunch today with Stanley and I haven't been able to take it off! It's so comfortable! I used Berroco Touche with size 9 Denises. I ended up taking Mary's suggestion to heart. I really wanted to make sure it'd fit, so what I did was take the way too drapey version, pin it up to get the drape the way I wanted it and then I measured to see what diameter I had to get to. Once I got past the my bust (which I probably should have put in more darts into) I realized that I should increase on the sides more than the pattern required. So i increased a total of 7 or 8 times. It's so soft!
To celebrate, I wandered over to M&J trimmings on Broadway (?) and 37th. I have a capelet shrug I want to make and I wanted to get good buttons. The buttons I bought look like this:
I'm pretty excited about learning how to create that thing in my head. I started reading Knitting from the Top by Barbra Walker today. I'll certainly keep you informed with how that process turns out. Who knows, maybe it'll even be good enough to offer up as a free pattern or something.
The other project I'm working on right now is a Clapotis out of some Sweet Georgia Speeed Demon. Blogless Ruth got the same yarn in the same colorway as I did and we decided to knit it up together. I'm almost done with the increasing rows. The yarn is ok, not amazing or anything, but the colors sure are pretty: