Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Been Busy

Yup. That about sums her up. I got a new job that I love, but, understandably, is taking more thought than my previous position did. While I was looking for a more creative and thoughtful job, the thinking totally sucks all my energy out, so while I've been knitting (simple things!), I haven't really been blogging.

I did, however, finish a pair of socks!

Noro Socks American Apparel Pose

Here you see them strutting their American Apparel pose. I knit them with some Noro Sock yarn that I picked up at Annie & Co. which is now one of my favorite yarn shops in the city. Just a simple toe up sock with a short row heel. Took about three weeks to a month. I'm not actually as upset about the socks not perfectly matching as i think other people would be. I love the colors. And I still have enough to maybe even squeeze a new pair out of what's left (these socks are pretty short).

No more progress on the TYC. It's still looking much like this:

Tangled Yoke cardigan

It's actually just a smidge longer. I found an issue with the pattern, or with the way I was reading the pattern that meant I was omitting about seven rows. So I had to take back a bit, and I decided while I was at it that I'd tack on another inch to the bottom. I just started the stockinette portion (literally, I'm two rows in).

Other than that, I'm working on a needle point of a Koi.

Don't things here seem boring when I'm not working on a Melanie Falick pattern?

To create a bit of knitting drama I thought I'd start doing a sock from Cat Bordhi's new book New Pathways for Sock Knitters. I'm going to start with the Sky Master Pattern and see where I can go from there. I don't usually swatch, so I actually used the Noro Socks I just finished as good swatches.

So, I will try posting more than once a month...really I will. You know how it goes though, and with Ravelry, I just haven't felt like my blog is necessary anymore except to maybe document issues I'm having with a pattern. And I really haven't been having any issues with any patterns yet. But we'll work on that here chez PassionKNITly...and more than likely not consciously either. :)

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

Congrats on the new job!!

Beta said...

Yay for a new post!
Also, that line about being only 2 rows into the stockinette - was that meant to make me feel better? I'm so close to that section!! I'm totally going to catch up to you :)

Rad socks!

Passionknitly said...

no, it wasn't meant to make you feel better....i'm going to work more on it tonight to further my lead. :)