Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Randomness

I've had a rather random week...so you end up with a random pictureless post.

  • Knitted Rings: Someone gave me the Knitting Pattern A Day Calendar for Christmas. It was a very nice gift, I just wish that the calendar didn't use two days per pattern. It kind of kills it for me. A lot of the big patterns are things that are kind of too suburban for me and just not my style, but I have found some decent patterns so far. I dogear them and then I'll take them out and throw the rest away after the year's over. Well, this week (or maybe last week, since I was away from my office for a couple days I didn't keep up with it as well as I normally do) I saw a pattern for knitted rings. Like, for your fingers. Very novel. there were buttons on them. This seems like an AWESOME stash busting idea. So, you get a Tangled Yoke Cardigan done and you have an extra button? Voila, matching ring!

  • The Joy of Knitting Tattoos: I was at a luncheon today with a bunch of people in the publishing industry that I didn't know. I was sitting next to a delightful woman from the New York Times (I have no idea what division, more than likely the advertising one since it was a publishing advertising luncheon) who upon noticing my tattoo asked if I knit. I said I do, and she and another person from another company and I started talking about knitting, Ravelry, Flickr all of it. It was awesome and a great way to break the ice!

  • I finally got some moo cards of my own!

  • I'm knitting a really adorable frog for a friend's birthday. She found the pattern on etsy. If you're on ravelry, I just added it to my projects, you can click on it through there to find the pattern. It's my first time using Manos del Uruguay. I love the acid green color and I really like the way it's knitting up. It's kinda inspiring me to knit a pair of mittens out of it.

  • I finished one of the Cat Bordhi Sky Master Noro Socks. I kinda feel like it's a little too small, but hopefully that won't be a big deal. Also, I ended in the same color I began, so maybe this pair will match! I'll get a photo of the first one soon.

  • Also, I almost forgot! Smitten w/Knittin snagged me my sock yarn that I ordered from Annie's! They sold my first order which is pretty upsetting, but at least they more often than not have what I'm looking for when I go there, which is more than I can say for some other knitting stores... Sorry to be snarky, I'm just quite upset about a few things my old favorite LYS has been doing/done recently. That sock yarn will be used for the Over the Knee Stockings take two.

  • Also, also, Smittin w/Knittin and I are thinking of knitting exclusively socks and seeing who can knit the most socks between the beginning of July and the end of August. It might be a bit unfair given that I have a lot of travelling planned for those months which is prime knitting time (not to mention Burning Man 08 which is just like a massive time to knit like no other provided I pick up some bamboo cotton yarn). Just curious. If you were going to do something like this, would you set any ground rules, and if so, what would they be?



Well, that's just about all we've got here chez PassionKNITly.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

A friend of mine has a crocheted engagement ring. Her boyfriend made it for her and then they both went out and shopped for the "real" ring together. I think he's a keeper anyway, but that ring is extra cool.

somebunnysloveDOTcom said...

I agree about that calendar. The look in my DH's eyes were of the "Oh no, she doesn't like it" but there are patterns that are pretty cool.
Hope to see you next week!
=:8

CityMinx said...

Dude, you're famous! And it's a beautiful picture too....