Friday, February 13, 2009

Socks

So I tore my apartment up tonight looking for a ball of Malabrigo in Bijou Blue that I knit my swatch out of. I was going to use it as waste yarn because I'm getting really close to the arms and I need some waste yarn. Well, I couldn't find it. I've no idea where it went.

You're asking yourself right now, how does this tie into the subject line "socks?"

Here's how:

I went through almost every box/bag of yarn I have looking for this damn ball of Malabrigo. And dudes, I have a literal S**T TON of sock yarn. There's a huge bag stuffed to the brim of sock yarn under a chair. There's ends in a box in the middle of the living room. There's "nice" sock yarn on TOP of the ends in the box in the middle of the living room. I know that it doesn't sound like a lot, you're just going to have to trust me.

I've been good though. I haven't bought any new sock yarn since I last posted about buying sock yarn. I've knit with sock yarn that wasn't mine. I knit a sock for Annie's. I don't remember what the yarn was, but I loved it and would totally buy a ball (except for that moratorium on sock yarn).

I totally need to get a photo of all my sock yarn so that you can get an idea as to how much we're working with here. I could probably sock a full platoon at this point.

3 comments:

Katy said...

That yarn was from Ty-Dy. And I agree it is a lovely yarn. I might even wear socks made out of that yarn...

Rebecca said...

yes - can we have a photo please?

Unknown said...

Jenn,
Illanna told me you would like to join the Creativity Study. Welcome! I'll get back to you in a bit with a day and time to go over the details and to give you the materials (we provide you with yarn and needles). We're running ten people a week right now,and this week is full already.But we're planning on getting more materials so as to go up to 15-20 a week.I'll contact you soon.And if you have advanced knitters (garter & stockinette,increase & decrease, cabling) who would like to join,feel free to pass them the invitation and my email--cl1388@nyu.edu. At stake there is the invaluable reward of helping research, and a $20 gift certificate a Purl--which is not bad either.
chiara