Monday, February 23, 2009

Stash Busting Clarification

Alright, I realized that there was a bit of confusion on the Stash Busting front from the comments on my post from last week. This confusion would probably be clarified by a couple photos of my sock yarn stash and a few stats as to what percentage of my stash it takes up (honestly, that would be interesting to see as well - I should work on creating a pie chart of types of yarn in my stash from excel). Alas, I've been rather busy as of late and haven't had a chance to do any of that. My goal for this week is to get on that though.

PassionKNIT Stash Busting 2009 is all about the socks. I have a ton of awesome sock yarn. This yarn should be knit. The goal of 2009 is to not augment the stash of yarn. This means not buying any new sock yarn. Katy's right, if I knit the yarn as I buy it, it doesn't hit the stash, however, when it comes to sock yarn, that kind of behavior is not going to help me diminish the stash at all.

And so this brings me back to the gift card to Purl. For Christmas, my aunt gave me Knitted Lace of Estonia, so maybe I'll get some nice lace-weight yarn. Or maybe I'll get a happy cashmere yarn that I can just pet (that's a really compelling argument you make there, Chiara). Anyone want to weigh in?

4 comments:

Katy said...

Ohh, cashmere petting yarn... nice.

Passionknitly said...

Indeed! I'd call a pet cashmere Clarice I think. Unless the color's off a bit...

Anonymous said...

Also, Jenn, we checked with the folks at Purl: you can redeem the gift card at Purl patchwork too. I wouldn't know where to start with sewing, but I have to say that after hanging out at the quilting store I am starting to reconsider. Though I stand by my suggestion: if I were on the other side of the study, I would buy the Jade Sapphire bulky (which I think is the most expensive thing they have at Purl) and make something touchable by accident (ie armwarmers). Or did you see the stole/scarf that is basically a combination of p2tog and yos?It makes few yards go a looong way. Okay, I'm done infesting your blog. See you tomorrow at Purl (Patchwork)!Chiara

Passionknitly said...

Chiara, feel free to comment on the blog, no worries at all. The fabric is tempting now that I know I can use it at either store. I've only recently started acquiring fabric for the sewing machine I got for Christmas!