Friday, June 11, 2010

What I'm bringing to the swap tomorrow

I went through my stash and weeded it out. I'm getting rid of a LOT of yarn. Granted, I still have a LOT left, but still. It felt so good to go through my stash and get rid of the stuff I don't see myself using anytime soon. Here's a list of stuff I'm bringing, so you have an idea:

A Denise Needle set that is missing one size 15 tip (I was using it as a cable needle when I was knitting the blanket for Beth and Erich and I think I dropped it on a Peter Pan bus to Providence).

BOOKS:


YARN (in no particular order):
  • 1 skein of Knit Picks Stroll in Navy
  • Partial skeins of Knit Picks Stroll in Cocoa and Buckskin
  • 1.75 skeins of Misti Alpaca Chunky in teal
  • 1 skein of strange teal yarn
  • 3-ish skeins of Berroco Suede in grey
  • Partial Skein of Berroco Suede in kahki
  • 7 skeins of Sublime Cashmerino Silk Aran in Sage Green
  • 6 skeins of Mission Falls 1824 wool in green
  • 1 skein of Malabrigo Chunky in a dark green, black, blue colorway
  • 3 skeins of Rowan Denim in dark blue
  • 1 ball of Rowan Kid Classic in white
  • 1.5 balls of Rowan Kid Silk Haze in green
  • 1/2 balls each of Lacey Lamb in Rose, off white and pink
  • 1 skein each of Mission Falls 1824 in black and teal
  • 2 skeins of Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece in Grey
  • a couple skeins of strange mohair in different colors
  • 1/2 skeins of Lamb's Pride Bulky in Blue and Raspberry
  • Several Skeins of Karabella Aurora 4 (I don't really want to know - this is from the original attempt at the over the knee stockings)
  • 3/4 of a ball of Rowan Calmer in Navy Blue
  • 2 balls of JoJo Land Harmony

This has freed up space in the sweater box and in the box of pretty. Actually, that's mostly because at the bottom of the box of pretty is where I generally keep odd balls. Check out Yarn 365 for an interesting oddball photo. So, if Stan's reading this, buddy, at least know that I tried to whittle down the stash. There's a lot of yarn on that list up there.

Also, check out the odd things I found lying around in the stash! How random!

Things I found cleaning out my stash...

An Alpaca finger puppet, a button from a bag, a stitch marker (!?! HOW!!??), a Paiette from a Sparkle Hat, and a ball band from some Sweet Georgia Speed Sock (Clapotis circa 2007!)

2 comments:

CityMinx said...

shit. once again i have a feeling i'm coming home with more than i'm bringing....

AC said...

This is so darned cute.