All I need to do is steam block it and sew up the edges. I'm going to try it on to see if I really need a slip underneath it. It's pretty heavy though. I'm uber excited! I need to see if I can rope someone into taking action shots for me...
Also, I started working on the Mobius Capelet from the Spring/Summer Vogue Knitting
I think it's going to end up looking something like this:
Right now, all I've got is this:
You'll notice that this is a circle with two sets of live stitches. The Yarnharlot has described this as "crazy" I believe in this post. I had a lot of fun doing the mobius part. It twisted my mind a bit, but I thoroughly enjoyed it. I'm ready to continue now. I'm at the point where I start a picot bind off. This is the part where I get a bit tripped up.
I think it's mostly a math issue. Before you suggest it, the corrections page for the pattern does not specify any changes. Forgetting the fact that I'm knitting at a larger gauge and am using 3/4 as many stitches, let's check it out.
You start with 120 stitches, then you pick up a stitch for all these stitche so you end up with 240 stitches (that creates the whole mobius thing). So we've got 240 stitches. We're supposed to knit 60 stitches, then do a picot bind off for 120 stitches, which will leave us with 120 stitches to work over a different sized needle (this is the part where we move from the edge to the actual capelet I'm assuming). Let's run that math through again:
I didn't even need the TI-85 to tell me that. Please tell me how I'm supposed to bind off 120 stitches and still be able to have the right number of stitches left over to work the rest of it.
I'm also having issues trying to figure out how to do the whole picot bind off. I think I have to cast on to the left needle so that I can bind off the right number of stitches. It's just a really odd pattern though. I have a bit more than a week to go to finish it. I'm going to have to start internalizing the pattern so I can knit it on the subway...