Tuesday, February 13, 2007

The magical appearing sock!

Mountain Colors sock #1

Do you ever pull out something from your knitting bag only to find that it's almost done and you don't even remember knitting it? Well. That's what happened to this sock. I pulled it out of my bag yesterday and said, woa...this baby's ready for a toe! So i took it on over to The Point and whipped up some toe decreases and a nifty kitchener toe. It looks pretty nifty, even if the leg is just a bit too tight.

Mountain colors Sock

Somehow, while I was knitting that sock, I managed to make quite a bit of progress on the Reflection Aran Pullover:

Reflection Aran Pullover front progress

The different dye lots are actually giving a bit more depth to the I'm worried now that the rows on the chart won't be enough, but I think that by the time I get to the neck shaping, if I haven't figured the chart out by then, i might as well just make it up. I'm not getting too too worried about it yet though because I've still got a ways to go until I get to the breaking point. I'm on like row 77 or something of 160. Slowly but surely we're getting ahead. I must be getting really bored with it though to unwittingly knit a whole sock though. I can't wait until it's done.

As soon as it's done I'm casting on for the Weekend Pullover from Weekend Knitting. Yes, I realize this is another Melanie Falick pattern, however, it's a simple sweater knit in the round. I think I can take it!



So, I got my new issue of Interweave Knits in the mail today. I think I'll get used to it. Once the photographs in the front remind me less of ads and more like actual garments, and once I can forget that they're using twice the amount of space for the same amount of patterns, I think I'll like the new layout. But it also seems to me that this issue is lacking in a lot of the fun stuff as well. But maybe that's just because they organized it differently and it just looks like there's less columns and words. So we'll see how it goes. I purposefully haven't really looked at the patterns yet because I'm still trying to not buy tons of yarn. I haven't bought anything this month!!

5 comments:

MUDNYC said...

hahahaha you knit a sock and didn't even know it...now that's obsession...maybe you did it in your sleep!

AJ said...

Very pretty sock, what kind of yarn is it? The sweater is looking gorgeous but I understand how you feel about the "breaking point". I'm there on all three of the cabled sweaters I'm currently working on. So socks it is!

Unknown said...

Too funny! Love the sock and the pullover. What yarn are you using?

Passionknitly said...

ah! Sorry kids! The socks are out of Mountain Colors Barefoot in the meadow colorway. I LOVE this yarn!!

Mudry, I am beginning to think I actually did knit that sock in my sleep!

schrodinger said...

The sock in those colors looks great. I have found my jaywalkers tight in the leg/ankle too.