Sunday, November 09, 2008

More Christmas Productivity

Newly finished today:
The Dairy Queen Hat for Stan's Niece:

Dairy Queen hat

I did a bit of finagling on this one. I had to make it much smaller than it was supposed to, but it should fit her now.

The Puff Daddy for my Cousin Sarah:

Puff Daddy for Cousin Sarah


The Puff Daddy for my Cousin Rebecca:

Puff Daddy for My Cousin


The Puff Daddys were so much fun to make! They literally took an hour, and barely any yarn at all. They're perfect for stash busting! That being said, I took these gifts as an opportunity to buy a couple more skeins of yarn at Brooklyn General. Sarah's is knit out of Misti Alpaca Chunky in the Sushi Colorway. It was so soft to knit with. I can't wait to knit another one out of it! The one of Rebecca was knit out of Malabrigo Chunky. Also a totally decadent yarn to work with. I have a lot of both of these left over, so they're either going to become a whole series of Puff Daddys or something really creative is going to have to happen with the rest of it.

So where are we now?
  • Socks for Stan's Mom
  • Dairy Queen Hat for Stan's Niece
  • Jacques Cousteau hat for Stan's Nephew
  • Half Socks for my brother's girlfriend
  • "Almost A Mystery" project for Beth
  • Flap mittens for my boss
  • Puff Daddy for Cousin Sarah
  • Puff Daddy for Cousin Rebecca


Jenn vs. Christmas
Jenn: 6 Christmas: 2


I think it's safe to say, however, that I'm winning Christmas. :)

2 comments:

Heather said...

LOVE the Chrimbo knitting - that's some lucky recipients right there!

Also LOVE the new title photo of you :o)

Thanks for tagging me for the meme - I'll get round to it one of these days!! (I'm the same way with eggs, especially when I think about what they are..... I'm also incapable of not doing anything!!)

Rhinebeck was fab.... maybe I'll be able to break the pattern and go next year too! - Thanks for being an entertaining driver ;o)

Anonymous said...

You sure are winning at Christmas! Your gifts look terrific!