Let's start with Rhinebeck! It was really awesome wasn't it!? Saturday I went with some folks from NYC SNB. We met up with some other SNB chicks there. I met a bunch of awesome knitters (though, if I'd gone to the Ravelry noon meet-up I'll bet I would have met more). I got some amazing yarn. And met Franklin and had him sign the awesome book he wrote.
After getting all the yarn out of the way on Saturday, I went back on Sunday with Stan and friends of ours. It was nice to be able to go and just take photos of knitters or fall upstate and sheep and alpcas. It was a great introduction to Stan of the whole knitting thing. He got to experience Rhinebeck without thinking that I'm some sort of yarn crazed knitter (seriously, I kept it under control the whole day!). We watched the Pumpkin Chunkin' contest, wandered around some of the barns, got some lamb, checked out the museum of old stuff, and we found some amazing Vodka Sauce in the food barn (Uncle Pete's!). They had fun, which was awesome because I was worried that the Sheep and Wool Festival would be boring if you weren't there for yarn. Here are some photos of the weekend:
Alright now, and on to the Meme! Bread and Badger tagged me in a meme about two weeks ago. I'm finally getting to it!
7 Weird Things You Probably Didn't Know About Me
- I <3 synthesis. Anytime I can blend things together that I like I feel efficient. This is especially true for blending groups of friends together.
- I'm right handed but often eat with my left hand.
- I'm incapable of doing nothing. Just ask Stan. Last weekend we were hanging out and I kept poking and annoying him.
- I speak french fairly well when I'm drunk, but if I start speaking french when I'm drunk, I start thinking in french until I get sober.
- I get motion sick REAL bad. Especially on long trips.
- I feel nauseous if I eat eggs alone first thing in the morning.
- My iPod has over 5,000 songs on it. It also has tons of different genres from trance, polka, pop, house, drum & bass, heavy metal, bhangra, brazilian, country, lounge, french, middle eastern belly dancing music, classic rock...etc...
So let's see where we stand on The Big Christmas Push 2008 :
Socks for Stan's Mom
- Dairy Queen Hat for Stan's Niece
Jacques Cousteau hat for Stan's Nephew
- Half Socks for my brother's girlfriend
- "Almost A Mystery" project for Beth
- Flap mittens for my boss
- NEW! Puff Daddy for Cousin Sarah
- NEW! Puff Daddy for Cousin Rebecca