Saturday, February 11, 2006

Olympic Endeavors and being a bad girl

I started the Angie Sweater last night. I got quite a bit done during the extremely long Italian Futurism-esque opening ceremonies (which, I'm insane and in a minority, but I actually liked it). I also got a lot done on the train on the way home from Queens. The N was actually making local stops through lower Manhattan, something I hadn't accounted for. Here's a WIP shot:



This is the bottom part of the back of the sweater. It's being made of Knit Picks Sierra which is a wool/alpaca blend.
I forgot how much I like watching the Luge! :)

So I was bad. Bad? I have limited funds, and yet, I continue to buy random knitting things. One is really helpful, but neither was imperative for me to get now. Oh well. What are they? I got Ann Budd's The Knitter's Handy Book Of Sweater Patterns. Some of my Stitch 'n Bitch friends were talking about it last night at the opening ceremonies party we had, and it seemed like a great thing to get. I have all that mohair that I'd like to do something with, and it should be enough to turn into a sweater. Also, my brother recently contacted me and he wants me to knit him a sweater. I can use some of the construction ideas in this book to help me create something that he should like. And it'll be something I created from top to bottom. I like that idea.

The other thing that caused my baddness is just really really good. Rowan's new magazine No. 39. I just saw too many patterns in here to use yarn that I already have to not buy this. There's a necklace that I'll probably make out of the 28K silver yarn that I have. I shrug/shawl that I can make with my Brook's Farm yarn. And a really pretty cardigan that I want to make out of Knit Pick's Shine. I've wanted to make something out of shine for quite some time, and have been looking for the perfect project. There are a lot of projects in there before I can get to that, which is good because I don't really have a lot of money to buy yarn right now.

Well, that's it for now. I've gotta keep at this sweater if I want to even think about getting that gold metal!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jenn -

I don't know how else to get in touch with you (I only have your work e-mail address). It is really hard for me to travel in the snow, so I can't make it to Manhattan today. Want to knit somewhere in the slope?

Rebecca

Passionknitly said...

Oh no! you didn't leave an email address!!!

We can meet in the slope if you prefer. I like walking in snow! Maybe at Ozzie's? I don't know if it's goign to be crazy there or if there's somewhere else that is more equidistant for us.

Anonymous said...

rhm227@nyu.edu -

How far are you from the northslope tea lounge?

also - you could come to my place (i have a fire place)

Anonymous said...

sorry i meant, south slope tea lounge(the one on 10th st)

Passionknitly said...

I sent you an email with my phone number...we should chat about this...

MUDNYC said...

I'm sad I missed the Olympic Knitting party. But Jenn, you are such a knitting queen! And it's barely been more than a year. I'm impressed and inspired.

Anonymous said...

I have way too many things to say about that post! I, too, am a compulsive knitting paraphernalia buyer. I can't help myself. Your sweater looks really great - I love the loopy bits at the bottom.
Also: luge rocks. And the high jump.

Anonymous said...

SKI JUMP. Not the high jump. God, I'm a dope. How's that Magic Loop thing going?

Katy said...

I'm such an enabler... he he he...